I came across this post on Pinterest the other day, from Damn Delicious, featuring Salmon with a Sriracha Cream Sauce.
Let me say, it was the most fantastic salmon, ever. Loved it.
Know what else we loved?
That Sriracha Cream sauce! Talk about Heaven! Chung-Ah knows what she’s doing with this sauce. I haven’t been able to stay out of it; I’ve been keeping a constant supply in the fridge.
I’ve dipped everything in it. Sushi. Potatoes. A chip. Veggies.
It got me thinking – where else could I use this sauce?
The answer, is (ohmygodyespleaseshovelthisinmymouth) POTATO SALAD with Sriracha Cream Sauce.
First, I need you to go to Damn Delicious, and check out her original recipe for the Sriracha Cream Sauce.
The lovely part about the recipe is that it is customizable.
Sriracha Cream Sauce adapted from Damned Delicious
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha (I used 1.5 tablespoons)
- 1 – 1.5 tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used 1.5 tablespoons)
- 1/2 – 1 cup Mayo (I used 3/4 cup Mayo)
Combine all ingredients. Easiest is to whisk them vigorously, until a really smooth consistency is reached. Taste, and add a small amount of salt if wanted.
This will provide you with plenty of sauce to use for the potato salad, as well as having left overs in the refrigerator to satisfy your new addiction to a mildly spicy/sweet Sriracha sauce. I only used 1.5 tablespoons of Sriracha because my toddler doesn’t always want spicy foods. So I adjusted for him.
I’ll be squirting some Sriracha on my potato salad before I nosh…
Next step, we’re going to make the potato salad! Easy, peasy, lemon breezy.
When I make potato salad, it’s rarely the same type each time. Usually my potato salads are of the “use up what I’ve got left” variety.
Carrots? Thrown in. Celery? Throw ’em in. Onion? Yup. Did we just become best friends?!
In this instance, I had carrots, onions, and cheese. Yes, I put cheese in my Potato Salad, because, cheese.
I also know that 4-5 medium sized potatoes will be the perfect amount for a potato salad for my family. I’m estimating that to be about 1.5 – 2 pounds.
Honey’s Potato Salad
- 4-5 medium sized russet potatoes (you can also use red potatoes, yukon gold, etc. whatever you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Cream Sauce (more or less to taste!)
- 1/2 onion, finely diced (green onions would be great, too!)
- 1/2 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese (I used two mozzarella cheese sticks)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them, about 15-20 minutes. Boil until they are just tender, but not mushy. Drain and allow to cool.
- While the potatoes are boiling, whip up the Sriracha Cream Sauce.
- Dice the onion, carrots, and chop the cheese. I like to pretend I’m Juila Child when I chop them. Then I like to pretend I’m a nurse and decide if I need stitches or not. My best friend is a nurse, so that makes me, like, 0% nurse. It works well.
- Toss the onion, carrots and cheese into a bowl, then add 1/4 cup Sriracha cream sauce.
- Once potatoes are cooled, put into same bowl as the onions and carrots. Add 1/4 cup Mayo. Gently stir. I like a creamy potato salad, so I added a few additional tablespoons of mayo and cream sauce.
- Taste and add more cream sauce, salt, pepper as necessary.
This recipe is incredibly versatile – add bacon, scallions, celery for a more “traditional” salad.
You could even add boiled eggs, avocado and plain yogurt.
The possibilities are truly endless, but yummy!
Trust me, you won’t regret mixing up some Sriracha cream sauce.
What will you dip in your Sriracha cream sauce?!