Pretty much every cookie recipe starts the same, but what makes them unique or original are the additions/mix-ins. A basic cookie recipe can be dressed up and the only limit is your imagination. A cookie can be customized based on your current obsession or craving; with the right base recipe, the sky is the limit!
That’s why I am now in love with pudding cookies. The basic recipe is the same, pretty much anywhere you look. But what makes them unique and so stinking much fun is coming up with ideas on what you want in the cookie.
The pudding mix you choose, then bringing in a mix-in, and giving it a great name…FUN!!
The ideas are literally endless. As many pudding variations as there are, coupled with chips and additions, you could bake a cookie a day and still have ideas left over.
Today’s post is about M & M White Chocolate Pudding cookies.
These cookies were a huge hit, and with good reason. They were soft, gooey, chocolately, and so pretty.
However, since I like keeping it real (yo), I should share that hubs and Easy E didn’t enjoy them as much as my Toasted Coconut Cookies. Hubs said they were too sweet for him, and I agree, they are sweet but you guys know how I am about chocolate now, so I had a hard time indulging in these.
I also couldn’t quite taste the white chocolate pudding; I could see where the pudding made the cookies super tender and moist, but I couldn’t identify the flavor profile. I’m thinking it was possibly over-powered by the chocolate/M&Ms. Next time, I’m going to try cheesecake pudding mix; I hope that would be a stronger flavor to shine.
Even though I provide that disclaimer, don’t let that deter you from making these delicious and easy cookies! Like I said, they were a hit, and I will make other variations (of which I will share the recipes!).
I had enough of these cookies to share with my mail lady and the cookie exchange I attended. Now there aren’t any more left!
M & M White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 regular box (3 ounce or so) White Chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup M & Ms
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare flour by adding the baking soda and giving a good whisk to combine the two, set aside, but don’t give it abandonment issues.
- In mixer bowl, fitted with paddle attachment, generously beat the crap outta the butter and both sugars until super light and fluffy. Add pudding mix powder and beat until combined.
- Throw the eggs in (make sure you break them outta those shells first, though), followed by the vanilla flavoring and beat until combined.
- Combine the flour mixture and the butter/sugar mixture, lightly beating until thoroughly mixed together.
- Using a spoon/spatula, stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips until evenly mixed in.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat (bonus points for you!).
- Roll cookie dough into 1″ balls, or just use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine baked perfectly at 11:30 but my oven is also the portal to Hades and hates me.
- Immediately transfer to wire rack to cool and then proceed to admire how awesome M&M cookies look!
I’m excited to try different variations on these pudding cookies, and hubs has already requested Peanut Butter Cheesecake pudding cookies, so be on the lookout for those soon!
Have you ever baked up some pudding cookies? What are some variations that you would like to try?