Hello again lovelies!
I am here to share with you a lovely new cookie (well, it’s not so new, but it’s my recipe), and three doodle/drawing Creative Challenge submissions.
Let’s get the Challenge out of the way first, then we can move on to drooling over my cookies (which are, technically, a fifth creation!)
Unfortunately, the Challenge submissions are “supposed” to be submitted by midnight Sunday night to count towards a contest of sorts, but with my busy life, I’m not worried about the contest, I’m just thrilled to have completed some of these daily creations!
You’ll notice that all but one are in my Art Journal (that lovely journal hubby gifted me for Yule); it’s so relaxing and easy for me to sit in bed at night after the littles are asleep and doodle.
Of course, one of my submissions is from an amazing adult coloring book – you’ll see several challenge submissions from this book in the future, because it’s such a lovely book, and it features owls!!
Creative Challenge Submission #2
Creative Challenge Submission #3
Live your Life in Color
Creative Challenge Submission #4
Owls all Around
This page excerpt comes from the Owls Coloring Book from Dover Publications and can be found here.
Creative Challenge Submission #5
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies!
These are a special request from the hubs. Definitely his favorite cookie and trust me, it’s a pain to find the macadamia nuts! But find them I did, and then whipped up this batch of cookies, just for him. These cookies are crisp on the edges and super soft and tender on the inside with the perfect amount of crunch from the nuts.
It’s a pretty basic cookie recipe and I hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag White Chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Beat until thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until completely combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the chips and nuts, until evenly dispersed throughout batter.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (this part is optional).
- Drop by the rounded spoonful on the baking sheet, leaving room between cookies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
I’m so excited to be sharing 5 fun Creative Challenge activities with the blog today; I’m pretty happy that I was able to get one done for each day of the Challenge so far. I am happy to submit the cookie recipe, but I really don’t feel like it’s an original thing, I mean, seriously, I bake cookies all the time. So my next baking/cooking submission will not be a cookie; I’d like to really challenge myself.
I can’t wait to see what the future challenges bring out!